Since 1917, the British New Zealand Business Association has been developing and promoting bilateral business associations, trade, investment and goodwill between the United Kingdom and New Zealand.
Learn more about us here
“The British New Zealand Business Association has great convening power. It brings together British and New Zealand companies to strengthen existing links and forge new ones, helping to boost our two way trade and investment, and pave the way for an even stronger trading relationship in the future”
Laura Clarke, British High Commissioner to New Zealand
Membership is open to persons, firms, companies or organisations carrying on business in or with New Zealand or who, supporting our objectives, have an interest in bilateral trade, investment and/or business between New Zealand and Britain.
- Unique opportunity to regularly network with other business people with an interest in the UK/New Zealand business relationship
- Member rates to all events in Auckland and Wellington for you and your guests
- Invitation to exclusive member-only events
- Opportunities to attend at discounted rates events held by partner organisations
- Provide content for and advertise in the Association's quarterly Newsletter
- Promote your business on the BNZBA website and social media pages (Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter)
- Access to the British Chambers of Commerce network
- Introduction to UK Department for International Trade and other relevant government related organisations
- Priority opportunity for your CEO/Business Leader to speak at a BNZBA event
- Priority event sponsorship opportunities
- Priority table placement at major events
BNZBA launches Young Professionals Initiative
The BNZBA is delighted to start this group which is aimed at those who have an interest in the future of the UK/NZ business relationship and are under 35 years old. To launch this new group we held an event addressing "What does Brexit mean for the Kiwi OE?" which featured a range of speakers on the benefits and challenges of an OE in the UK. If you want to find out more about this group and future events then email us here.
BNZBA supports launch of Prince's Trust in New Zealand
The Prince's Trust in the UK has helped over 850,000 young people and it is now establishing itself overseas with one of the first countries being New Zealand. The BNZBA was delighted to partner with DLA Piper to host a lunch on the 2nd October for a group of New Zealand's business leaders as part of the launch programme which included a visiting delegation of Board members and Senior Executives from the Trust in the UK.
The Future of the UK and Europe
In mid-March, Lloyds Banking Group released a report on the future of UK-EU trade. This covers a range of interesting topics. including the implications of Brexit for firms with cross-border exposures as well as providing a political overview of recent developments in UK-EU negotiations and their potential impacts. Finally, it offers a summary of the current state of the UK economy, and how businesses are coping during this period of uncertainty. The full report can be read here.
BNZBA collaborates with NZ UK Link
The BNZBA is delighted to be collaborating with NZ UK Link to promote the UK/NZ relationship. NZ UK Link was formed 25 years ago to focus on promoting intellectual, educational, professional, cultural and creative collaborations between the two countries by enabling outstanding individuals to travel, work and research their areas of interest. You can find out more about NZ UK Link here.